Medical News
JUL
17

Uterine Artery Doppler Values

uterine-artery-doppler-waveform

During early pregnancy, the blood flow in the uterine arteries have a high systolic flow and a low diastolic flow. The high resistance gradually drops with gestation. When there is an abnormally high resistance later in pregnancy, it may result in pre-eclampsia (70% chance) and intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) (30% chance).

Continue reading
Rate this blog entry:
0
14 Hits
JUN
06

How Amniotic Fluid can be Interpreted.

amniotic-fluid-how-it-can-be-interpreted

Amniotic Fluid is clear, slightly yellowish liquid that surrounds the unborn baby (fetus) during pregnancy. It is contained in the amniotic sac. Three interpretations of the amniotic fluids can be interpreted:

Continue reading
Rate this blog entry:
0
210 Hits
MAY
22

Umbilical Artery Doppler: Why is it important?

Umbilical-Artery-Doppler

Umbilical Artery Doppler is done to assess fetal wellbeing.

If the Doppler is abnormal, it suggests there is possible pre-eclampsia, or uteroplacental insufficiency resulting in intra-uterine growth restriction (IUGR). It is most often done when the mother has diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease, hypertension or prothrombic states.

Continue reading
Rate this blog entry:
0
206 Hits
APR
07

When to Assess Ductus Venosus Flow

When to Assess Ductus Venosus Flow
Ductus Venosus Flow can be assessed in the first trimester for anomalies or during the second trimester for growth restriction or fetal cardiac compromise. The Flow is most accurate for fetal cardiac function.
 
Continue reading
Rate this blog entry:
0
184 Hits